Athlete Meseret Alemu has won women race at Xiamen Marathon as Ethiopians dominated Daegu Marathon in South Korea on Sunday.
Ethiopia’s Meseret won the road race in the chinese coastal city of Xiamen by more than a minute in 2:24:42.
Meseret reached the finishing line within 12 seconds of the PB she set when winning in Riyadh in February.
Her fellow Guteni Shone finished third (2:25:58) behind Kenya’s Gladys Chesir who was a distant runner-up in 2:51:51.
Ethiopia’s Lencho Tesfaye finished second (2:08:29) in th3 men’s race won by Kenya’s Philemon Kipchumba, clocking in 2:08:04.
- Meseret Abebayehu (ETH) – 2:24:42
- Gladys Kiptagelai (KEN) – 2:25:51
- Guteni Shone (ETH) – 2:25:58
- Philimon Kiptoo Kipchumba (KEN) – 2:08:04
- Lencho Tesfaye Anbesa (ETH) – 2:08:29
- Omar Ait Chitachen (MOR) – 2:08:59
Ethiopian athletes dominate Korean marathon, again
Two weeks after a dominant display in Seoul, Ethiopian athletes added another success in the road race.
Milkesa Mengesha and Ayantu Abera were victorious at the Daegu Marathon on Sunday, winning at the World Athletics Gold Label road race in 2:06:49 and 2:25:44 respectively.
Milkesa, a 2019 world U20 cross-country champion – finished 11 seconds ahead of Kenya’s Stanley Kiprotich.
Eritrea’s Berhane Tsegay finished third in 2:07:21.
In the women’s race, Ayantu won the World Athletics Gold Label road race two minutes ahead of her compatriot Media Deme
Kenya’s Janet Ruguru Gichumbi completed the podium in 2:28:13.
- Ayantu Abera Demissie (ETH) – 2:25:44
- Media Deme Armino (ETH) – 2:27:27
- Janet Ruguru Gichumbi (KEN) – 2:28:13
- Milkesa Mangesha Tolosa (ETH) – 2:06:49
- Stanley Bett Kiprotich (KEN) – 2:07:00
- Berhane Tsegay (ERI) – 2:07:21
Source: Link to the Post