CDF of Canada is looking for National volunteers who will use their skills and knowledge to the capacity building of local partner organizations. Volunteers have the option to travel in three intervention woredas or work remotely with local partners. The Project is named VOICE for Women and Girls Project, for a position of National volunteer who will Work in Addis Ababa-partner office with frequent travels to Minjarshenkora, Fogera and Abya woreda and Reporting is to the Country Program Officer, Ethiopia
The Start Date is immediately after interview and the duration is up to 6 months with possible extension
The VOICE for Women and Girls project, a seven-year initiative (2020 – 2027) which is aimed at strengthening the performance of developing country partner (DCP) organizations to advance gender equality and economic empowerment of 50,000 women and men from marginalized communities, in particular young women (target: 60% women and girls), in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal and Malawi with a focus on action areas of the Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP).
Key responsibilities of national volunteer
- Advice and support local partner on Organizational development.
- In consultation with local partner and CDF Country program officer, develop strategic innovation fund concept note and proposal.
- Under take primary coops assessment, on-site and technical training for coop members.
Facilitate gender, women economic empowerment training and follow up.
- Conduct periodic field visit, organize experience sharing visit for coop members, documentation and reporting.
The successful applicant must possess the following skills, experiences, and personal characteristics:
- Degree or equivalent experience in International Development and/or Social Sciences (focus on Gender, Youth, Community Outreach an asset).
- At least five years of experience and knowledge of gender, gender main-streaming and integration with proven experience in co-operative development in Ethiopia context will be an asset. Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills and excellent capacity to analyze, develop recommendations and capture lessons learned.
- Ability to travel to remote locations where services are minimal, and the ability to work autonomously, be flexible and analytical
- Knowledge in community participation methodologies and experience facilitating group learning/training sessions or focus groups.
Terms and conditions
Applicant must be an Ethiopian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement and available for up to 6 months.
Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitea (CV) until June 12, 2022 to https://cdfcanada-coop.hiringplatform.ca/processes/72906-national-volunteer-ethiopia?locale=en
Source: Link to the Post